INSIGHT ON SUFISM


 -Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī 

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

This is beautiful. What Rumi is saying is we must learn to love ourselves before we try to love someone else.

When we were first born into this world, we joined it as a little bundle of joy, screaming our way into existence. Thoughts like “I’m not good enough or I’m fat” or “I’m not a good person” are things we’ve come to believe either because we were told these things earlier in life and we never questioned them, or because we repeatedly said (and still say) those things to ourselves, and through time, they were encoded in our subconscious mind.

Self-care is necessary for your sanity and your health. It means loving yourself for who you are today and forgiving yourself for your past. It means changing the story you tell yourself: “I am good enough”; “I love my body”; “I am a good person”.

Comments